Online Church Security Guide
This Church Safety / Security Ministry Guide is intended to help Safety Directors of small to medium size churches with training their volunteer teams. This guide was developed by painstakingly researching nationally recognized publications and by consulting with experts in church safety, church security systems, crime prevention, emergency medical response, fire safety, pastoral protection, security, and a number of other fields of study. It contains chapters on everything from Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection to Active Shooter Response and Lock-downs.
- How to Conduct a Security Assessment - (Annual Director's Task)
- Lay the groundwork for your safety preparedness plan by conducting a Church Security Assessment. This chapter will help you assess the current security of your church, identify vulnerabilities and create an airtight safety plan. Get started learning how to assess; External grounds, Building Perimeter, Alarm Systems, Internal Building, Key Management, Property Inventory, Youth and Financial Security, Safety Ministry, Emergency Drills and much more! The Church Security Assessment is a crucial program that will help build a framework for every other area of your safety preparedness planning. (Coming Soon)
- Safety Ministry Launch - (Get Started, Today)
- It all starts here. Having a clear plan of action and gaining support is the first step in creating a strong safety team within your church. This chapter will teach you about the life-saving value of a Safety Ministry. You will be shown crime statistics, the basics of a Safety Ministry, essential emergency drills and available training resources. Begin developing a plan and organizing volunteers into a ministry dedicated to mitigating risks to persons, property and assets today.
- Church Safety Team Academy - (September is Back-to-School/Church Month)
- The success of any Safety Ministry begins with the right people. This comprehensive chapter will give you the tools to start your Safety Team off right, from Team Selection to training. You will receive training information on; Ethics/Conduct, Patrol Procedures, Situational Awareness, Radio Procedures, Reporting and Forms, Duties and Responsibilities, Suspicious Behaviors and Calling 911.
- Fire Safety and Evacuations - (October is Fire Safety Month)
- Either as an act of vandalism or an accidental occurrence, fire and arson can pose a serious threat to church property and people. Prevent property damage – or worse – by teaching your church how to reduce fire risks and preparing them for emergency procedures. This chapter covers topics such as; Fire Science, Safety Inspections, Use of Fire Extinguishers, Fire Response, Evacuations and Drills and One & Two Person Carries. (Coming Soon)
- Disruptive Persons/Verbal Deescalation - (November Training)
- A potentially violent person in your congregation becomes verbally disruptive. Do you know how to bring the situation to a peaceful ending? This important chapter will train your Safety Ministry to prevent violent outbreaks using proven Deescalation communication techniques. Learn to identify potentially disruptive persons, conduct Threat Assessments, properly communicate and deescalate without physical intervention and deal with protesters in a peaceful and orderly manner.
- Use of Force and Citizen's Arrest Laws - (January Training)
- The laws surrounding the use of force in a difficult situation can feel muddy and uncertain to many people. Give your Safety Ministry the power of confidence and knowledge behind their actions by teaching them the legal implications and limitations of using force. This chapter covers; When Can a Citizen/Safety Member Use Force, Deciding to Use Force, What is “Reasonable” Force, Use of Deadly Force and Use of Non-Deadly Force. Knowing the legal authority of your Church Safety Team is crucial to the lawful protection of your church and congregation.
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection - (February Training)
- Children are the most vulnerable and precious of our flock, and they look to us for protection. Learn how to; identify possible instances of child abuse, report evidence and allegations to the proper authorities and spread awareness to prevent abuse within your church. Since the best protection is prevention, this chapter emphasizes training on screening procedures for staff and volunteers who work with children, supervising children and childcare workers and response to allegations. This chapter could mean all the difference in a child's life. Establish a standard of protection within your congregation for the little ones who need it most.
- Active Shooter Response and Lock-downs for Churches - (March Training)
- These modern times are rife with uncertainty and those who wish to destroy our way of life. When a dangerous intruder threatens, how do you protect the lives of those under your churches roof? Learn how to prepare your church for the worst. In this chapter, you will be shown advanced lock-down and response procedures which can be practiced and implemented in the case of a violent intruder. Learn the necessary skills during a lock-down, evacuation drills and Containment/ Engagement Team response.
- Severe Weather Preparedness - (April hosts Weather Safety Week)
- The weather is an ever-changing and sometimes unpredictable force that should never be underestimated. When severe weather systems threaten the well being of your church and congregation, be prepared to take action. Use this training packet to learn about the risks associated with many different types of dangerous weather systems, safety drills, preparing for the worst and basic safety plans. When nature’s wrath bears down, there’s no preventing or stopping it – but you can be prepared for it. (Coming Soon)
- Emergency Medical Response
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification - May Training
- Control Techniques and Self Defense
- Self-Defense: Holds, Locks and Takedowns - June Training
- Firearms Training and Qualifications
- Basic Marksmanship and Qualification - July Training
Church Security Newsletter
The Church Guardian
CHURCH NEWS, TIPS AND UPDATES
Enter your email address to Subscribe and get a Free Download.
Success! Check your email to confirm your subscription.